Friday, September 4, 2009

Mosaic in the Making

I am half way through filling in the background. Hope to finish it this week! Can't wait to grout it. I will highlight the butterflies with a lighter grout and everything else will be grouted with black. The grouting process makes a huge diference, it makes everything"pop out" and highlighted. 07/26/2009

Tic Tac Toe game and the second butterfly are now completed. All I have to do is the edges and fill in with black marble!





On to the chess/checker board



I finished the first butterfly and flower.









After packing tile & marble pieces around for 5 years through all of our moves, I am finally making a picnic table out of marble. I know - its going to be heavy, that is the first thing everyone says. I finished the butterfly last night and am ready to go on to the flower. The photo looks like a "Mess in the making", but it is a organized mess and I am having fun doing it! I will be posting the process.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    Wow, I did not know how creative you are. Beautiful work. I think I missed the talent. Beverly's daughter, Lori, is also very creative. Looks like the whole family is talented. Dennis, Dorothy, Barbara. Wow. I am impressed.

    Cousin, Norma Jean

    ReplyDelete